For more information on this topic, please see the KACE-SMA Course 2 Installing the KACE SMA Agent-Web-based Training.
- What Java version works with LO 126.96.36.199 Base and Mac OSX 10.13. BillSullivan July 31, 2021, 10:14pm #1. Mac 10.13.6 LO 188.8.131.52 Base cannot access/recognize/use the Java in my Mac. I spent days installing Java RTE and Java a year ago and finally gave up. Base will not make a report saying it cannot locate Java.
- We have several tools on each major platform to install Ruby: On Linux/UNIX, you can use the package management system of your distribution or third-party tools ( rbenv and RVM ). On macOS machines, you can use third-party tools ( rbenv and RVM ). On Windows machines, you can use RubyInstaller. See the Installation page for details on using.
Python 2.7.1 was released on November 27th, 2010. The Python 2.7 series is scheduled to be the last major version in the 2.x series before 2.x moves into an extended maintenance period. This release contains many of the features that were first released in Python 3.1.
Download the agent from the K1000 directly, or download it from the KACE support site.
NOTE: This assumes the K1000 has had the version needed uploaded previously. It also assumes that the Samba share is enabled to download the agent from the K1000 directly. Also, the KACE support site does not list the latest agent version, so if that is needed, the K1000 would need to be updated if it does not have the most recent version.
How to download the agent from the K1000:
- Navigate to: k1000client
NOTE: If there is more than one organization, there will be multiple client folders. They will be named client_2 and up according to the number of organizations present. The agent version can be different in each organization. See below if connecting from a Mac.
- Once there, click into agent_provisioning, then into the platform needed to get the installer. So, for example, the path to the Windows installer would be:
- From there, right-click on the installer and copy the file.
NOTE: For Macs, the share will have to mounted and the Samba share password will be needed. The way to mount it would be:
Download Solver For Mac 2.7.1 Pro
- In Finder, click Go. Select 'Connect to Server'.
- Type in the following (substituting the K1000 name for KBOX): cifs://KBOX/client
Download Solver For Mac 2.7.1 Free
Download KACE Agent from KACE SMA WebUI Admin console
Since 6.3 it is also possible to download the agent via Settings > Provisioning > Update Agents (See hyperlinks under Advertised Updates) .
Clicking on the correct version will download the agent. Windows Agents will be zipped.
Downloading the agent from the KACE support site
Download Solver For Mac 2.7.1 Full
At the time of this writing, the direct link is:https://support.quest.com/k1000-systems-management-appliance/download-new-releases , if that doesn't work, use the instructions below.
Solver Table Download
- Navigate to https://support.quest.com/
- Select Support>Enter your product to support.
- Enter K1>Select K1000 Systems Management Appliance
On the right-hand side under Self Service Tools>Select Download New Releases
- Select the appropriate Product Model/Version.
- Enter support credentials in order to access the downloads section.
NOTE: If credentials aren't available, click the appropriate link on that login page to either request credentials or have a password reset.
- From here, this will give you the available KBIN files for the K1000, agent for the version you select.
- Click on whichever version is needed. Support credentials may need to be entered again.